A piece of wood used to keep a broken
arm or leg in a fixed position while it heals is called a .
5. One of the ribs or bars from
the centre to the rim of the wheel of a bicycle, cart etc. is called a .
6. The word for waiting about or
keeping oneself hidden is .
7. If you were excessively obedient
or respectful you might be described as .
8. The adjective to describe
something which affects the senses pleasantly is .
9. A synonym for dirty or untidy is .
10. The ornamental rod carried
by a monarch on ceremonial occasions as a sign of power is a .