The one-stop resource for the English language and more ...
|Home||Language Services||Online School||Search||Tell A Friend||Contact|
FACTS: TRUE OR FALSE QUIZ
There are ten facts below. Your task is to read them carefully and try and work out which fact is not true. Nine facts are true, only one is false. When you've done this quiz, you might want to try either these amazing facts or this fact quiz.
TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters
2. There are two words
in the English language that have all five vowels in
3. There are more chickens than people in the world.
4. The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel
6. Maine is the only American state whose name is just one syllable.
7. Butterflies taste with their feet.
There are only three words in the English language which end in
9. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
10. The sentence:
"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every
To check which fact is false, look here:
COPYRIGHT © world-english.org 1999-2004 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED